Danielson Pharmacy specializes in the formulation of drugs that are not commercially available. Our pharmacists use state-of-the-art technology with approved chemicals so that your finished medication meets the doctor's exact specifications. We custom prepare medications using several unique delivery systems such as lozenges, suppositories, nasal spray, cream, lotion or transdermal gel to name a few. As prescribed by a physician, we can also change the strength of the medication, alter its form and add flavoring to it for humans and animals. We help veterinarians and animal care specialists to solve medical problems by providing specially compounded medicines, which meet unique needs of each animal.
Preparation of these specialized products requires chemicals and equipment that are not available in most pharmacies. Our pharmacist has received extensive additional training in compounding techniques and has a support network that generates a constant exchange of ideas and innovations. Our goal is to make sure that you receive high-quality compounded medications at the most competitive prices.
Rationale for compounding:
• Strengths not commercially available. Compounding assures all patients that they can have the precise dose they need.
• Form not commercially available. Compounding allows the best drug delivery system options for patient and physician. Oral, injection, suppository, or transdermal routes are all possible.
• Also, compounding provides drugs not currently manufactured or in dosage forms not currently available.
• Improve or eliminate undesirable flavors. Increase patient compliance - especially finicky children - by substituting custom-made flavors the kids (and adults) really love!
• Change the usual route of administration. Danielson pharmacists can alter traditional routes of delivery. For instance, a flavored sublingual lozenge for a hard-to-swallow pill. Or a transdermal cream in place of injections. The possibilities are almost endless!
• Eliminate preservatives, dyes, and potential allergens. Folks with asthma or hyperallergenic patients will benefit from prescriptions that are compounded preservative-free or dye-free or use alternative fillers.
• Sugar intolerance. Compounded syrups with non-caloric sweeteners help diabetics control blood glucose.
• Discontinued drugs. Occasionally, drug companies discontinue production of effective drugs which are no longer profitable to them. If this happens, Danielson Pharmacy pharmacists can many times duplicate that formula.
Important Notice: Danielson Pharmacy is a licensed pharmacy that only engages in compounding in response to a doctor's prescription, and the information contained on this site is general in nature and is intended for use as an educational aid. You should consult your doctor or contact a Danielson Pharmacy’s Pharmacist (860-744-0050) about diagnosis and treatment of any health problems. The FDA does not approve compounds to cure, treat or mitigate disease. All compounds are prepared in accordance with state and federal regulations governing compounding and are available by prescription only.